I must admit I do like a slice of Cake or two but rather than buy Cakes I like to make them.
Here is my recipe for an easy to make moist Coconut and Ginger Cakes.
- 250 grms Self Raising Flour
- 50 grms Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Tbls Ground Ginger
- 150 ml Milk
- 110 grms Baking Margarine
- 110 grms Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
1. Soak the coconut in the milk for at least two hours. Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas mark 3, then grease and line a 1lb bread tin.
2. Cream together the margarine (room temperature) and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour, salt, Ginger, coconut and milk and gently mix until all has combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool on a wire rack when cooled wrap in foil till you want to eat.